This is the 42nd Annual St. Patrick’s Day Race for our club. Most importantly, we should remember this race is run in memory of coach Jack Brennan. In case you forgot, we’re still working with COVID and we’re going to follow the COVID protocols we’ve done for our last two races. The race will start and finish in FDR park, starting from lot 1. Just like last time, there are some things of which you should be aware:
- We’re only doing a 10k this year. No two miler.
- Start and bib pick up at Parking Lot 1, please enter from the Taconic entrance at FDR Park.
- There will be bib pick up the day before as well.
- Because of COVID we’re starting the race in waves, the first wave will be at 10:00am, with each wave starting in one minute increments.
- In registration we’ll ask if there are people you want to start with or if you know your predicted time.
- This will be a different course than in past years to deal with some closures in the park and have the start and end of the race in the same place.
- Online registration only – no race day signup
- There is a limit of 250 runners total.
- You must wear a mask at all times except when actually racing.
- There will be wave starts to keep some distance.
- You must stay on the left on the roadway, and maintain a 6′ distance from everyone not involved in the race (walkers, dogs, etc.)
- There won’t be the usual Taconic spread – we’ll have bottled water at the finish line.
- There is an updated waiver to sign acknowledging the additional risk implicit in COVID racing.
- Runners may not race with a dog. There are no exceptions. Please distance yourself from dogs that are being walked on the course.
- You will receive an email 2 days before the race with your wave and start time, and instructions for picking up your bib on Saturday if you would like.
There are some good details too!
- Pint glasses will be given to all registrants. There will be Taconic gaiters at the finish for those that haven’t gotten one.
- We’re lowering prices and eating the runsignup fee – the cost is $18 for members, $20 for non-members.
- Pies as prizes to men and women 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.
- We won’t have age group awards. We will post age group winners on the website.
So sign up now! We’ll get back to you with to confirm your start time the day before the race. The first gun is at 10am.